On Wednesday, Oct. 30, 2013, the NGO Committee on Freedom of Religion or Belief, in collaboration with the International Center for Law and Religion Studies at Brigham Young University, will host a special luncheon and panel discussion on freedom of religion or belief and gender equality.
The meeting will be held at the second floor of the UN Church Center at 777 UN Plaza (corner of East 44 St. at 1st Ave., directly across from the United Nations Headquarters ). It will begin with a light lunch at 11:30 a.m., leading to a formal discussion between 12:15 to 2:45 p.m.
Featured speakers include:
- Heiner Bielefeldt, UN Special Rapporteur for Freedom of Religion or Belief, and author of a new report, “Freedom of Religion or Belief and Equality Between Men and Women”;
- Lakshmi Puri, deputy executive director of UN Women;
- Gulalai Ismail, founder and chairperson of Aware Girls;
- Margareta Grape, representative to the UN, World Council of Churches;
- Tina Ramirez, president, Hardwired.
To RSVP, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Oct. 29, 2013.